Screen Daily

Alice powers Disney to Record $2.3bn Annual International Haul
29 December, 2010 | By Jeremy Kay

For the 16th consecutive year Disney has crossed $1bn in annual overseas ticket sales, and this time it’s a new record for the company.

Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures International top brass said the $2.3bn tally was the fourth best annual haul for any distributor behind Fox International and Warner Bros Pictures International this year (confirmed projections or results will follow shortly from both companies) and Fox International’s $2.45bn tally in 2009.

2010 marks the 16th year in a row that Disney has crossed $1bn in overseas ticket sales. The result was powered by a $690.2m take for Alice In Wonderland that marked the company’s biggest international gross for a live-action release.

Following closely behind was Toy Story 3 on $649.2m, while Prince Of Persia: The Sands Of Time amassed $245m, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice took $152.8m and The Princess And The Frog grossed $134.6m this year and $163.8m overall.

Current releases Tangled and Tron: Legacy stand at more than $118m and $65.6m, respectively.

Meanwhile Universal executives reported a projected year-end tally of $1.2bn, roughly the same result it achieved in 2009.

The company released two films that grossed more than $200m. The animated awards contender Despicable Me led the way on $291m followed by Robin Hood on $215m.

It’s Complicated grossed $104m in 2010 and $114m overall, while TheWolfman took $81m and Nanny McPhee Returns finished on $66m.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/distribution/alice-powers-disney-to-record-23bn-annual-international-haul/5021921.article

Meeting Johnny at Club Cinema, 3:00 a.m., 8/30/08 and hearing him laugh at my gift to him - Priceless!
Thanks to Amp for creating my banner!